Wednesday, February 1, 2012

118. Something More

During a Bible Study Prep workshop, Pr. Liang said that as a Bible Study leader, you need to make an effort to prepare good questions that are relevant and lead the group to a desired destination, instead of just going around and asking everyone to share something, which can take up the time as well. When he talked about how some people only go around and have everyone share, all I kept thinking was "Wow, that's what I do."

Although this is both funny and true, I think the same goes for anything in life. We have this limit of time, and we can fill it in any way we choose (to a great extent). Do we just do the minimum and get by? Or do we plan and try to do something more for God? Either way, we take up the time, right?

It's often tempting to take the easier way. And when we're very busy, that may seem like the only way. But there must be something more we can offer to God. Something more we can do to please Him. 

Saviour, Thy dying love Thou gavest me, 
Nor should I aught withhold, dear Lord, from Thee:
In love my soul would bow, my heart fulfill its vow, 
Some offering bring Thee now, Something for Thee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment