Friday, October 22, 2010

56. Happy Independence Day

It is officially Independence Day! Did you know that?

At the set of sun at precisely 6:08:29 PM of Friday, October 22, 2010, I was freed from the bondage of nauseous attempts to debugging grossly inefficient C code. Oh, the release! Oh, the liberty!

On the other hand, at around 5:55pm, I was still futilely thinking, "Oh no, if I don't finish by Independence Day, I will have to work on it on Sunday." Indeed, we might sometimes think that Independence Day is a bondage. We can't get any "work work" done, and we have to put it all aside. However, it is not a bondage. Yes, I'm not done with the code. Yes, I'm still very behind on reading and studying for midterms. However, this day is a blessed day! A day of rest. A day especially set apart for us to enjoy freedom from the cares of the world.

By now, you are probably scoffing at my cheesy pseudonym for Sabbath. Of course, I'm talking about the Sabbath, our weekly Independence Day we get to cast all our stressful cares aside and reflect on the freedom Christ has given us through His blood: the freedom from the bondage of sin, from an eternal suffering, and just for today--this one day of the week--freedom from our toilsome labor in the world.

Ahh, indeed, happy Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment