Friday, November 5, 2010

59. Trilemma

"Put your hands up and slowly walk over here."

"No, Albert, don't listen to them!"

As I stand in the middle of the uneasy bridge in confusion, I can feel the ropes beginning to tear and the rotted wood beginning to crack. Far below me is a dark valley, awaiting my death if I do not make a decision soon. To my left is a band of thieves, to my right a young woman.

"You know it's useless going back. Come with us, and you'll discover excitement you've never known. Stop being a coward and get on over here before it's too late!" The thieves laugh. "Hahaha. We know you want to come with us. Stop pretending."

"Albert, don't listen to them! They're only lying to you! You know there's nothing good about them. You know if you leave us and follow them, you will be destroyed. Albert. Albert, look at me. Come back."

AARGH. What am I doing on this bridge? How did I get myself into this trilemma?

No comments:

Post a Comment