Monday, January 9, 2012

114. Perfection



I've always been quite the perfectionist. From refining the shading in Elementary School drawing projects to minimizing errors on High School Math tests, I have repeatedly desired to hand in something as close to perfect as possible.

However, recently, it seemed that my reach for perfection in school work and church work had become more a sheer satisfaction with mediocrity and minimum. This may have been a result of fear of disappointment from high expectations, lack of equal motivation from peers, and a dearth in faith. Overall, standards had become undeniably lower.

But even though my standards may have dropped, His standards never change. And if that is the case, what happened to striving toward these standards to please Him? What happened to the perfectionist who always sought extra credit? What happened to running as if only one gets the prize?

It's time to raise the standards again. It's time to pay attention to all the smudges and creases. To surpass the righteousness of the Pharisees and teachers of the law. To give to the one who asks and not turn away from the one who borrows. To love my enemies and pray for those who persecute me. To greet not only my brothers.

It's time to be perfect as my heavenly Father is perfect and press on toward the goal!


No comments:

Post a Comment