Monday, August 30, 2010

36. Pop-up Flower Art

Last night was a busy night of dreaming.

I was in a big house or mansion. One of the rooms looked like the Assembly Room of Hillsborough Church. I was there looking for something in the closet. In the room were tables arranged for dining and all my cousins were there. They just finished eating. Then my grandma was there, and she asked me if the cousins could all eat at the dining hall at my school later, and that she'd pay for us. She was kind of quiet in asking me, and the others were looking at me to see how I would answer. I said yes. I think some people were seeing if I would let her treat us out because she's our elder. They were expecting me to say no plus something polite so that she would have to find some other opportunity. However, I could tell that she already thought it through, and she was pretty serious about it, so I didn't want to make it difficult.

Later, I walked out of that room and into the hallway. There was a lot of art work in the house - paintings and such on the walls. I forgot how I found out, but the mansion we were in was my grandma's house. Down the hall to my right were paintings of flowers with the pedals somewhat 3-D. My grandma told me that Shawn made those. I said, "Wow..." They were pretty good. I had no idea Shawn was doing this in his free time - nor that he gave them to grandma.


I forgot what happened in between, but later, the mansion was filled with people. I think it was a youth church event. We were all drawing and working on pieces of art. There were a lot of people. People were walking to and fro, and it was very festive.

Lots of things happened at the event, and here are a few things that I can remember:

At one point, I think Lisa C told me that we were going to move upstairs to work. So I took my paper and chair and pushed it up in the ceiling. The ceiling is the type where there are squares of foam boards, so one of the foam boards lifted up and my stuff went into the ceiling.

I was upstairs later and I was looking for my stuff. I was looking for a flap in the floor. I was in a classroom and there were a lot of people working on their project. I had to squish through to the place I thought my stuff was. I lifted it up and got my stuff. Then I started working on my piece. I didn't know what to draw. I first darkened the top with my piece of paper with charcole (not charcoal). Then, I started drawing a dog with big ears (like a chihuahua with big ears). I was only working on the ears. Close up it didn't look too bad, but when I kept looking at what I had, I was not very happy. I was trying to draw the ears, and it was hard.

Later, I was asking Jessica how to draw it because she's good with dogs. She showed me a picture (or a sketch) of a pochacco doll, but it was a doggy with a pochacco face (The Sanrio character).

Later, I was talking with Lina and Pastor Hwang. I forgot what we were talking about, but we all had to go somewhere, so we agreed to have a short meeting later. I don't know where I was going, but I was going toward the back of the mansion. Grady was telling me about his drawing. He was wearing a toy armor that he made with the plastic sticks. I think he was drawing that. We all these plastic sticks to build and make stuff with - it was like those connect toy-lego things. Some people made them into guns and were playing around. It was also to help us have a visual model when we were drawing. I think I had one of the stick guns in my hand. We were walking fast as we talked. It was time to pray, and people in the room were kneeling down, so Grady knelt down and prayed. I kept walking back.

As I was walking, it started getting more crowded. The press was following us. I got to the corner of the room where there was a door leading into the hallway. It was crowded. I turned around and Pastor Hwang was behind me, and the press and video crew were asking him questions. He was trying to get to the door too as he was answering them. I think they kept asking me questions too. I had around 4 mics in my hands.

I saw Pastor Hwang and Jia An, and I remembered that we were going to have a meeting. But, I didn't think it would be any time soon because it's so crowded.

I got out into the hallway, and people were lining up and walking into the room across the hall (I think it was the chapel?). Some people were dressed nicely. I thought to myself that it might be a wedding.

Later, I was thinking about my drawing and how I can improve. I thought about drawing a doll-like dog with the stitches still there and the eyes could be human eyes. I was thinking that it might still be unoriginal because some dog dolls have realistic looking eyes already. I also thought about using a picture online as a model because people were using the plastic connecting sticks to model things.

Anyway, what a weird dream.

Lessons learned? When people are trying to do something, and you can tell they are serious, don't make it more difficult for them - help them out. Shawn has secretly been working on pop-up flower art. Ceilings with the square foam boards are convenient for getting things from floor to floor. Ask people who have a background/experience in a field related to what you're doing - they can give you good advice/help. When working in church, it's good to have people from three different generations working together. Don't jump into doing things too quickly because thinking things through first can save a lot of time. Good ideas are from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment