Monday, August 30, 2010

38. 黑木耳

Today I had hei1mu4er3 (黑木耳) as one of the dinner dishes. It was yummy.



It's the black stuff on the right. This photo is of my bian4dang1 for tomorrow's lunch. We had enough bian4dang1's for all of us! :)

My parents were teaching me about this hei1mu4er3, and so I said it sounds like sa1mu3er3 (撒母耳) - Chinese for Samuel, the Bible character.

Me: What was it called again?
Mom: It's called hei1mu4er3.
Me: Oh yea, it sounds like sa1mu3er3.
Mom: There's also bai2mu4er3. Both are very good.
Me: Oh yes, but sa1mu3er3 is best.
Mom: I lost to you okay? I lost to you! You won. You won! You beat everyone, okay?

2 comments:

  1. too bad you can't eat 撒母耳 for lunch

    nice 便當. looks yummy! where's the rice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's snuggly patted under the veges/meats/黑木耳. hehe

    ReplyDelete