Friday, March 11, 2011

94. Flight Home

Last night at around 3AM, the fire alarm at my dorm went off. I was very upset because I had to wake up at 7 or 8AM to catch the 8:44 train in the morning (flight at 11:55am). I waited outside (it was raining) under an arch with other people from our dorm for the alarm to stop. It went on for about 20 minutes.

When I woke up this morning, I felt well-rested and knew something was wrong... I must have overslept. It was 9:36AM! I got my stuff and ran to the train station, bought a ticket, and hopped on. Thank God I made it, but I was 1 hour behind my intended schedule.

In the end, I made it in time for my flight and got to California early by circa 20 minutes.

I am reminded that
"In his heart a man plans his course,
but the LORD determines his steps." (Prov 16:9)

I can try to plan my future in my own risk-averse way, but God really knows what's best even though it seems awful to me at the time.

I was stressed that I might miss my flight, but instead, I ended up catching the flight, getting around 1 extra hour of sleep, and arriving at Cali early. And who knows, maybe God protected me from other obstacles as well?

Even if I never find out why some bad things may happen, may I purpose to Do All Things Without Grumbling or Complaining.

1 comment: