Wednesday, March 2, 2011

87. Computer, do this.

Econometrics

Professor: The problem with this is that you have to do it point by point. That's why we have computers that will test your betas while you have lunch, grab a beer, or go out with friends. Your computer will do it for you. It says, "I don't have friends. I don't need lunch. I just work while you have fun."

Professor: Computers are really fast. They can run 100,000 regressions. But you have to train it. I did it with this computer--this laptop (shows us his small laptop). And ya know, it took about a second. Of course, I kept messing up, so I had to say, "Oh, there's another second." (click motion with finger) "Oh, there's another second." (click motion with finger)

Professor: What a drag. It only took a second, so I couldn't have lunch.

[Then, we asked him how to do it on the computer.)

Professor: You guys are really smart and hardworking, so that's it. You'll figure it out because you're smart and hardworking.

ggelizpwned

No comments:

Post a Comment