Sunday, September 25, 2011

104. Kakali 2

The raspy voice continued, "Kakali, don't be foolish. I can train you to become the second strongest warrior in the world."

Thinking he was trying to prank call someone else but had accidentally called me, I replied, "Um... this is Albert. I think you have the wrong number."

"No, I don't. Albert is the name by which they call you, but your true name is Kakali. Now stop this nonsense and listen carefully to my instructions."

I decided to see how far this maniac would go with this. Trying not to laugh, I said, "Okay... but first of all. Who are you? Why is my true name Kakali? And why would I only be the second strongest?"

"That's a no brainer. Kakarot has long been gone, leaving me, Vegeta, Prince of all Saiyans, to be the strongest in the world! However, these earthlings and all the other creatures in this galaxy are no match for those of the pure race, which is why I am talking to you. You are Kakali, Kakarot's brother he never knew existed, making us the last true Saiyans on earth. Together, the possibilities are endless!"

"Haha. Yeah. Let's totally join forces." I chuckled.

"Fool, you think this is a joke? You should be incredibly grateful that I am even offering you this chance to live. I will give you time to think this through, but when we speak again, you best make the right choice."

"Oh okay, Vegeta," I said as I hung up the phone. I couldn't wait to blog in the morning about what had just happened. But I had to be honest: his sober conviction and firm tone was making me doubt--just slightly--the level of fabrication in his story.

Closing my eyes, I tried to fall back to sleep. However, something in my bed was making me feel uncomfortable. I soon realized this something was moving! I jumped out of my bed, opened the lights, and felt around my sheets. Nothing. Confused, I looked all around my bed. I was about to check behind the mirror when I realized something moving behind me in the reflection--something hairy!

Immediately, I turned around. "Where did it go?" I looked back toward the mirror. And there I saw what seemed to be a brown, slender tail that had grown out of my rear.

[To be continued...]

No comments:

Post a Comment