Friday, September 10, 2010

45. A Garden Locked Up

I find it quite superfluous to write out verbose, unrelated details in my dreams. I will attempt to be more succinct.

Two nights ago, I dreamt that someone was breaking into our house. We were home, but he was still breaking in through the window in the kitchen. I could see his bottom half - black dress shoes and black dress pants. I walked over to the kitchen and shouted, "Hey! Hey!" to let him know we were home. Then, he left.

Later, I was in the living room, and a bad guy came right through the front door. He wanted to rob us. He was throwing things at me. I kept saying "Hallelujah" and was praying in tongue too. He even stabbed my dad. Thank God we weren't hurt and nothing happened to us.

This reminded me of how we really need to guard our hearts.

"You are a garden locked up, my sister, my bride;
you are a spring enclosed, a sealed fountain." (Song of Solomon 4:12)


As the bride of Christ, our hearts are like gardens. We must lock them up and not let the thief/robber come in. We must keep our gardens clean and neat and not let evil defile it. Sometimes, evil will try to sneak in. Sometimes, evil will walk right through our front door. However, we must rely on God's power to fight evil and cast it out of our hearts. Lock up our gardens and preserve them for the Lord.

Why was I reminded of this? Because I need such a reminder.
If you happen to read this, please pray for me.

1 comment:

  1. yesterday we read Job 33:15 and I thought of your blog!!! ^__^

    ReplyDelete