Monday, February 14, 2011

79. Post-Interview Happiness

I just came back from an interview for a finance position and am now feeling very happy.

I actually already assumed beforehand that I would not do well in the interview and not get the internship, so I decided to bring some TJC calendar cards to give to the interviewer. Might as well put my 30 minutes to some use.

However, it turns out they didn't ask me any scary finance questions. (I didn't have any time this weekend to prepare). We went through my resume, they talked about their experiences, and in a couple of days, I'll get a response. It was mostly conversation. The internship itself would be doing number crunching and preparing presentations. Hardcore training will only come if you are invited back after the internship.

The interviewers were also very nice and smiley, so I actually had a good time. I came out feeling quite happy. When I was walking back to my dorm, there was a girl who smiled in my direction and said "Hey, how're you doing?" Even though she wasn't talking to me, it added to the brightening of my day. And just before writing this post, I read on a brother's status, "Happy happy everywhere."

Indeed, happy happy happy everywhere! Whether I get an offer or not, I will rejoice in the LORD forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment