Friday, February 25, 2011

84. Message in the Night

I'm lying in a bed, not knowing if I'm dreaming or awake. I'm turned to the left with my back exposed from the blanket. Everything is dark and blurry. My eyes aren't open, but I can see or at least imagine what I look like.

Suddenly, I feel paranoid. Is there something behind me to my right? No, it can't be. It doesn't feel like there is.

Maybe I should check to make sure.

Uh oh.
I can't turn my head. I can't open my eyes.

What if there is something behind me?
Now I'm getting scared.

Hallelujah.

Did I just whisper that or think that? I need to say it louder.

Hallelujah!
Hallelujah!...Hallelujah!

Oh my gosh, I think there's something there.
Wait. I hear some words. "...repent... sins..." I hear some more words and try to piece them together in my mind.

...

"You repent for your sins, but you do not change your ways."

No comments:

Post a Comment